Understanding the new SAT
In March 2016, the redesigned SAT will be administered for the first time.Read More
There's no doubt that Thanksgiving is one of the most beloved holidays of the year. An entire daygravy, and pumpkin pie, followed by napping and chilling? There's nothing better than that!
But what about a little math game to play on this day? We put together a fun math quiz for you to see how much you know about Thanksgiving and practice your math skills while the holidays are in full swing. Don't forget to test your guests!
DOWNLOAD our Trivia Math Game and check your answers to see how many you got right.
1. How many calories on average are consumed, per person, at Thanksgiving dinner?
2. When was the first Thanksgiving football game?
3. The first chapter of the Thanksgiving Recipe Book contains 2 times fewer pages than the two other chapters together. All three chapters contain 255 pages. How many pages does the first chapter contain?
4. How many Americans prefer Thanksgiving leftovers to Thanksgiving dinner?
5. Helena and Gabriel had 24 apples together. Gabriel ate 5 of Helena’s apples but gave her 10 of his apples. How many apples do they now have together?
6. About how many pumpkin pies are consumed every Thanksgiving?
7. After making six pecan pies, 2 out of 5 equal parts of butter remained. How many pecan pies can be made with the remaining part of the butter?
8. What year did Adam Sandler release "The Thanksgiving Song?"
9. How much does the average Thanksgiving turkey weigh?
10. A giant candy bar costs $5 at a grocery store. On Black Friday, the grocery store offers three of these candy bars for $10. The profit from selling three candy bars together in this deal is the same as the profit from selling one at the regular price. At what price does the grocery store buy the candy bar?
We hope you enjoyed our game and learned something new. Find the answers here.}